- Crain’s: Weston to pursue development of key block in downtown Cleveland. The Asher family had been partnering with Bob Stark on the development of all those parking lots west of Public Square into a vast commercial/retail/residential project. Stark has pulled out of that project, but apparently the Ashers still have some hopes for redevelopment there. (By the way, if you click through to the map I’ve linked to above, check out the official name of West 3rd St. in this area. Funny!)
- Posnanski: I’ve chopped this out of a post he wrote on on baseball defense, which is good, but not as good as this aside:
Sorry, I have to interrupt this post for a moment to point out that I’m in a Boise hotel and housekeeping just banged on my door. It is 8 a.m. local time. Now, that’s just way too early for housekeeping to come by, no? I mean, yes, I realize that I could have put the “Do Not Disturb” sign out, but I’ve got to believe that the EARLIEST housekeeping should knock on anyone’s door is 9 a.m. Right? Can we get a ruling on this? And while we’re at it, can we get a ruling on these things too:
1. Are you supposed to tip the concierge for giving you directions?
2. Are you supposed to tip the valet parking person on the way in or on the way out or both?
3. How much are you supposed to tip for restaurant takeout food?
4. Are you supposed to tip the person who shows you to your seat at shows or sporting events?
5. Shouldn’t they put the gas tank on the same side of every single car?
6. If someone you barely know is telling you a story he/she already told you, is it OK to stop them mid sentence?
7. Why do planes allow people to recline their seats ALL the way back? Shouldn’t there be some rear-view passenger rights?
8. Why do some flight attendants insists that you raise your window shade for takeoff and landing? I have spent way too much of my free time trying to figure that one out.
9. Is it a passenger right and/or responsibility to turn in a seat mate who does NOT turn off all electronic devices for landing? Or is there some sort of “Airplane Omerta” that we are supposed to adhere to?
2 Responses to Today’s Report – March 23rd
Leave a Reply
Sheriff Gerald T. McFaul Road…that is funny!
WOW that is rude but when was this, When u were in PA?
Also what is a “Airplane Omerta?”
I liked the questions they were pretty funny! And most of them are a “NO”